I thought that I was done with the book The List Makes Get Healthy Guide
by the author's of prevention, but I decided to do one more article. This one is green cleaning products. At times it is much more expensive to buy green cleaning items, but this list gives some inexpensive options for keeping your house looking great without extra chemical exposures.
- Rug and carpet stain remover: 1/2 cup vinegar and 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda to 4 cups of warm water. Scrub the stain, let dry and vacuum. I would always test a small spot to make sure your carpet color isn't changed.
- Glass cleaner: 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white vinegar to a quart of warm water and then rub dry with a newspaper.
- Bathtub stain remover: For tub stains, fill a small shallow bowl with cream of tartar. Add drops of hydrogen peroxide until thick. Apply to the stain and let dry, and then rinse.
- Mold and mildew lifter: Make a paste of baking soda and cool water. Spread it over the entire survace and allow to sit for a few minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Showerhead cleaner: Remove the showerhead and soak in a solution of 2 cups white vinegar and 2 cups warm water. Let it set several hours and rinse.
- Faucet brightener: Dissolve 4 tablespoons of table salt in 1/4 cup of vinegar and wipe the faucet - polish when dry.
- Oven Cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda in a 1/4 inch layer and spritz with water until it's damp. Let it set overnight; the grime should lift off the next day.
- Kitchen counter de-stainer: Squeeze a fresh lemon over the stain and let it soak for 30 minutes. Next sprinkle baking soda over the juice, scrub, rinse and wipe dry.
- Clog dissolver: Pour 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup of vinegar, and 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain and immediately follow with at least 2 quarts of boiling water.
- Garbage disposal deodorizer: Freeze 1/2 cup of lemon juice or vinegar in an ice tray. Grind the cubes in the disposal once a week. The ice cubes sharpen the blades, too.
- Dishwasher detergent: Use one part borax and one part baking soda.
Have a great day! Shanna