- Walk once or twice a day (mix in jogging and sprinting with the walking for some interval training).
- Do some sort of weight lifting each day (going to the gym is not my strong point). I count carrying laundry, groceries and items around the house for this goal.
- Eat real food. Whenever possible, I buy whole, organic foods. I attempt to avoid foods that label's list more than five ingredients, or ingredients that I do not recognize.
- Eat mindfully - I tend to do things quickly, so I am working on slowing down when I eat.
- Meditate - I like a walking meditation. I work everyday at being present in the moment.
- Continue to clean up my environment - use non toxic products, pick up trash on my walks, drive less, and conserve resources such as water and electricity.
- Eat less meat - I try to do a couple meat free days during the week, and I rarely eat meat for more than one meal a day. I try to treat meat as a condiment, rather than the largest part of a meal. I load up on vegetables.
- Simplifying life - do one thing at a time, rather than multitasking, doing things for others, and simplifying routines.
Each January, I look at simple ways to gain health. I am making more of an effort for myself to be conscience of my food and exercise choices. On an ongoing basis, I have the following goals - I know that I will continue to mess up on these goals, but I just remind myself to get back on track.